180W Semi-Flexible solar panel rear junction box
Minimum Order: 1
UK delivery only: 2-3 day delivery, 13.30 cut off
Automatic discount: 16+ panels
*Collections are not permitted due to health & safety regulations*
This highly durable black semi-flexible solar panel reinforced with anodised aluminium and a strong ETFE surface and made from German monocrystalline solar cells. This model also features a rear-fitted circular junction box and 3m dual core cable. This high efficiency 160W solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications, such as in a motorhome, caravan, camper, boat, or for solar lighting systems, off-grid, and back up solar power systems. The panel can also be used to provide direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current (e.g. electric motors or pumps) and for various grid-tie applications.
- Peak power: 180W
- Maximum power voltage: 20.2V
- Maximum power current: 8.91A
- Open circuit voltage: 23.9V
- Short circuit current: 9.44A
- Power allowance range: +/- 5%
- Solar Panel dimensions: 1470 x 665 x 4 mm
- Junction Box diameter: 30 mm
- Weight: 5.90 kg
- 1 x 3m high quality dual core solar cable attached (4mm cross section)
The product comes with a 2 year workmanship warranty which covers material and production defects.
In addition, the solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of nominal power in 10 years after purchase and at least 80% of nominal power in 25 years after purchase. This warranty is provided by the manufacturer of the solar cells.
Aluminium reinforcement and strong ETFE coating:
This reinforced semi-flexible solar panel has a unique 7-layer construction, featuring an embedded sheet of anodised aluminium fully encapsulated within the solar panel. This additional reinforcement offers greater strength and resilience, making this one of the most robust semi-flexible solar panels available on the market.
In addition to the aluminium reinforcement, the surface of this 160W semi-flexible solar panel is made of strong ETFE material which has a longer service life compared to standard semi-flexible solar panels. As a result, these particular semi-flexible solar panels are extremely hard-wearing and less prone to cracking , delamination and corrosion. The lightly textured coating of this panel creates an anti-reflective surface which allows the panel to absorb a far greater amount of light, thereby increasing efficiency. ETFE material has long been used in applications where durability and high-temperature resistance is required, such as in the Eden Project, Cornwall.
High quality German 5-busbar solar cells:
The high-efficiency monocrystalline German solar cells used in this solar panel have excellent performance in low light conditions (particularly when compared to solar cells of unknown origin) and they produce a good amount of power even in daylight - when direct sunlight is not available. These long-lasting German solar cells will provide many years of consistent, free power.
This panel also features innovative 5 busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3 or 4 busbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited. These solar cells are also the best choice for applications in warmer climates, as they operate well even in high ambient temperatures.
Simple, professional installation:
This particular model features the junction box and cable on the rear side of the panel to create a completely level surface and professional finish after installation. Unlike other solar panels, the junction box on this solar panel is a circular shape with only one dual core cable (3m length) attached, allowing for simplified installation. Please note: in order for this panel to be flush-mounted, a recess must be cut in to the roof/surface.
This solar panel has a unique black backing, making this solar panel ideal for discreet and aesthetically pleasing installation on dark coloured roofs, vehicles or mounting surfaces. Please note that this solar panel is not 'ultra jet-black' - the exact hue may vary marginally from panel to panel, depending on the batch of solar cells.
- Semi-flexible design makes it ideal for slightly curved roofs and surfaces where bonding is preferable (though the panel can also be fixed by bolts or screws)
- The panel is incredibly light (only 5.70kg) which is great for all vehicles
- High resistance to salt water environment (junction box and cables underneath are protected from contact with water) and possibility to walk on the panel make it perfect for boats and yachts
- Sealed waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions
- Junction box on the back allows for a smooth and level surface, free of trip hazards and unsightly cables. Round shape for easy fitting.
- Fitted with a single length of high quality 3m dual core cable for easy installation and wiring