For off-grid systems with a generator, this UPS system can allow for continual power even when the generator is turned off. This allows users to achieve significant savings of fuel costs by only running the generator periodically - at the optimal power levels to charge the batteries.
The system can also be used for portable power applications, i.e. when the battery is charged in a location with mains electricity, and the system is then transported to a different off-grid location to provide power on demand on a temporary basis.
This UPS system also supports solar power input with no additional charge control equipment required. Users can simply connect a suitable solar array to the inverter to start charging from solar power to save on electricity bills for mains connected systems, or in order to run a generator less frequently for off-grid systems.
The external battery allows for easy expansion or replacement, as well as straight-forward installation in irregular locations.
This package includes the main UPS unit, a 100Ah gel deep-cycle battery, 1m tinned copper battery cables, a thermal over-current circuit breaker and loose ring terminals for crimping.
Please note: the inverter uses predictive cooling logic to activate the fans, and is not suitable for installing in locations where silence is required.
1000W 12V Iconica Hybrid Inverter:
This inverter intelligently combines the functions of a 1000W pure sine wave inverter, 50A solar charge controller and a 20A smart battery charger in one single unit:
1. 1000W 12V Pure sine wave inverter: Converts DC current from the solar panel into 230V AC mains electricity, to run various household appliances such as a TV, laptop, lighting, fans etc. Able to generate 1000VA of continuous power with a strong peak power handling capability of up to 2000VA (to start appliances with electric motors). This inverter is a pure sine wave type, which easily surpasses modified sine wave inverters in terms of efficiency and compatibility with a wider range of appliances.
2. Inbuilt 50A PWM solar charge controller: Regulates the input from the solar panel to the batteries, with a full range of safety functions; including protection against overcharge, overheating, reverse current etc. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance, prolongs the life of the batteries and can often recover some lost battery capacity. Performance data for the solar panel is displayed on the LCD screen.
3. Enhanced 20A Smart battery charger: Designed to enable safe and efficient unattended charging of the batteries from a mains power source or generator, with full overcharge protection and multiple charging stages.
Additional features: This model also features an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), and can accept input from the solar panel, mains power/ a generator and the batteries - either from a single or combination of input sources.
- Nominal battery voltage: 12V
- Continuous power output: 1000W / 1000VA
- Surge power: 2000VA
- UPS type: Offline UPS
- Output voltage: 230V AC
- Output frequency: 50Hz /60 Hz
- Output waveform: Pure sine wave
- Maximum solar input power: 600W
- Maximum open circuit solar input voltage: 55V
- Maximum solar charging current: 50A
- Maximum mains AC charging current: 20A
- Maximum combined charging current: 50A
- Peak efficiency: 93%
- Operating temperature: -10C to 50C
- Supplied with:
- 1.5m AC power cable with 3-pin UK plug
- PC connection cable
- Size: 32 x 22.5 x 8.8 cm
- Weight: 5 kg