2 x 350w Semi-flexible solar charging kit with 2.4Kw Gel battery storage
This high efficiency waterproof 350W polycrystalline solar charging kit is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V or 24V batteries to power various applications. The solar panel is ideal for flat or curved roofs, such as on boats, caravans, motorhomes, RVs etc as it easily moulds to fit the shape of the roof. This panel can be easily mounted using the eyelets and quick-release fasteners that are provided with the panel.
The solar kit includes:
- 2 x 350W semi-flexible, textured solar panel made of plastic reinforced with glass fibre, with eyelets and fasteners (IEC certified)
- 60A 12V/24V high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller with inbuilt LCD display
- 3 x 200Ah 12V gel deep cycle battery
- A pair of 5m 4.0mm thick single core extension cables with MC4 connectors
- 5m 4.0mm thick double core battery cable with a fuse holder, 15A fuse and 8mm ring terminals
350W semi-flexible solar panel:
This solar panel has a textured surface that reduces the reflection of light whilst maximising absorption of light from every possible angle. This ensures high performance of this solar panel in low light or cloudy conditions, or when the light falls at an angle (morning, evening or winter times). The fibreglass plastic used in this solar panel is very strong and durable. When the solar panel is attached to a rigid surface, it is possible to walk on the solar panel in soft shoes (to prevent accidental scratches), which makes it a perfect choice for mounting on a boat deck. These Austrian manufactured solar panels are made to the highest European quality standards and are fully waterproof with a high resistance to salt water environments.
High efficiency MPPT controller:
The 60A high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller included in this kit uses the most advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to track the maximum power voltage point of solar panels as it varies depending on sunlight exposure and temperature. This technology ensures the maximum efficiency of your solar system and significantly outperforms standard PWM solar controllers.
The controller features a comprehensive set of electronic safety functions including protection against: reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), over-charging and deep discharge, over voltage, over load, short circuit and reverse polarity protection. The controller also has self-diagnostic capability and highlights any system errors using advanced fault-targeting technology.
The built-in LCD screen shows real-time charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge energy. The easy to use buttons allow the user to manually select the battery type (sealed, flooded or gel) and program load settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps etc).
This controller is compatible with sealed, gel and flooded batteries and can automatically recognise 12V/24V battery systems.
Advanced monitoring and programming:
This solar charge controller also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the controller through various methods
Using one of the communication methods, the user will gain access not only to the standard charging parameters already shown via the built-in LCD screen, but also additional information such as min/max voltages, temperature, protection cut off voltages, diagnostics and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), and more.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 350W
- Maximum power voltage: 39.1V
- Maximum power current: 8.7A
- Open circuit voltage: 47.7V
- Short circuit current: 9.0A
- Dimensions: 2024 x 991 x 2 mm
- Weight: 6.82 kg
- The most advanced MPPT technology to ensure high efficiency (>95%) of your solar system
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24/36/48V selection for lead acid batteries
- 2 pairs of terminals (solar panel, battery) for wires up to 35mm2
- Maximum solar panel voltage 150V
- Maximum solar panel power 750W (12V) / 1500W (24V) / 2200W (36V) / 3000W (48V)
- Temperature sensor for automatic compensation (-3mV/°C/2V)
- Comprehensive electronic protection features
- Communication port: RS485/RJ45 interface
- Grounding: negative common ground
- Current limiting function (60A)
- Self-consumption: 98mA (12V) , 60mA (24V), 50mA (36V), 46mA (48V)
- Working temperature: -25°C to +60°C (temperature derating above 40°C)
- Size: 340 x 216 x 119 mm
- Mounting dimensions: 260 x 224 mm
- Weight: 4.5kg
- Multiple mounting holes (7mm diameter) for ease of installation
Battery specifications (per battery):
- Nominal voltage: 12V
- Nominal capacity: 200Ah (10h rate) / 205Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 40A
- Self-discharging rate: <1% per month
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1200-1300
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: F24 (bolts and washers included)
- Operating temperature: from -10C to +50C
- Size: 523 x 239 x 243 mm
- Weight: 61.5 kg