Zero transfer technology allows for instant switching from mains to battery backup power, without the typical delay of 10-20ms. This UPS is ideal for sensitive electronics where a consistent power supply is required, such as computers, servers, equipment in datacentres and other IT equipment.
For off-grid systems with a generator, this UPS system can allow for continual power even when the generator is turned off. This allows users to achieve significant savings of fuel costs by only running the generator periodically - at the optimal power levels to charge the batteries.
The system can also be used for portable power applications, i.e. when the batteries are charged in a location with mains electricity, and the system is then transported to a different off-grid location to provide power on demand on a temporary basis.
This UPS system also supports solar power input with no additional charge control equipment required. Users can simply connect a suitable solar array to the inverter to start charging from solar power to save on electricity bills for mains connected systems, or in order to run a generator less frequently for off-grid systems.
The system can be easily expanded to generate up to 45kW of continuous power, by connecting 9 inverters in parallel (additional parallel kits required, one per inverter). The external battery banks allow for easy expansion or replacement, as well as straight-forward installation in irregular locations.
This package includes 4 x UPS units, 4 x parallel connection kits, 2 x 24kWh 500Ah battery banks , 8m tinned copper battery cables, 4 x thermal over-current circuit breakers and loose ring terminals for crimping.
Please note: the inverter uses predictive cooling logic to activate the fans, and is not suitable for installing in locations where silence is required.
5000W 48V Iconica Hybrid Inverter:
This inverter intelligently combines the functions of a 5000W pure sine wave inverter, 80A 500V MPPT solar charge controller and a 60A smart battery charger in one single unit. This innovative inverter features inbuilt Bluetooth, along with the rare and unique ability to power AC appliances without connection to a battery - directly from solar power.
- 5000W 48V Pure sine wave inverter: Converts DC current from the solar panels into 230V AC mains electricity, to run various household appliances such as a TV, laptop, lighting, fans etc. Able to generate 5000W of continuous power with a strong peak power handling capability of up to 10000VA (to start appliances with electric motors). This inverter is a pure sine wave type, which easily surpasses modified sine wave inverters in terms of efficiency and compatibility with a wider range of appliances.
- Inbuilt 80A 500V MPPT Solar charge controller: The high efficiency MPPT controller regulates the input from the solar panels to the batteries or to load, with a full range of safety functions including protection against overcharge, overheating, reverse current etc. The controller operates at up to 98% efficiency to extract the maximum possible power from the solar array.
- Enhanced 60A Smart battery charger: Designed to enable safe and efficient and fast (up to 60A) unattended charging of the battery bank from a mains power source or generator, with full overcharge protection and multiple charging stages.
- Inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity: The integrated Bluetooth function allows the inverter to be monitored remotely via the Watchpower mobile app - a free mobile app available for Android devices. After downloading the app, simply pair your mobile device with the inverter to gain access to important information such as solar/ battery/ AC voltage, charging current, battery capacity etc.
Additional features: This inverter is able to power AC loads (and itself) directly from the solar input, without the need for a battery bank to be connected to the inverter. However, if a battery bank is available, the inverter can power loads directly from the solar panels whilst the charging batteries at the same time. This model also features Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), and can accept input from the solar panels, mains power/ a generator and the battery bank - either from a single or combination of input sources.
The inverter is supplied with a PC connection cable and PC software CD for convenient viewing of important system information, and can also be connected to a Wi-Fi connection kit or 3G connection kit (purchased separately) to unlock access to SMS / email status updates for the inverter, remote system monitoring from any location and much more.
UPS specifications (per unit):
- Nominal battery voltage: 48V
- Continuous power output: 5000W/5000VA (220-240V AC)
- Surge power: 10000VA
- Output frequency: 50Hz - 60Hz
- Output waveform: Pure sine wave
- Maximum solar input power: 4000W
- Maximum open circuit solar input voltage: 145V (open circuit)
- MPPT operating solar voltage: 60 - 115 V
- Maximum solar charging current: 80A
- Maximum mains AC charging current: 60A
- Maximum combined charging current: 140A
- Peak efficiency: 93%
- Solar / AC charger max efficiency: 98%
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 55°C
- Supplied with USB drive, PC connection cable
- Size: 52.5 x 30.3 x 14 cm
- Weight: 13.5 kg
Battery specifications (entire 48V battery bank):
- Nominal voltage: 48V
- Nominal capacity: 24kWh
- Maximum charging current: 100A
- Charging voltage: cycle use 56.4V, standby use 54.8V
- Temperature compensation: cycle use -120mV/°C, standby use -72mV/°C
- Size: 1290 x 1140 x 670 mm (when positioned in racking)
- Weight: 720 kg (including racking)