360w 12v / 24v complete solar battery charging kit with 30a mppt controller & 500AH battery storage
This premium quality 360W 12V/24V solar charging kit is one of the most powerful solar charging kits for vehicles, boats or off-grid power systems. It can generate up to 20A charging current when charging a 12V battery, which means that a typical 100Ah battery will be charged from 0% to 100% in about 5 hours of bright sunlight.
This 360W 12V/24V solar charging kit includes:
- High quality 360W monocrystalline solar panel fitted with 0.9m of 4.0mm solar cable and waterproof MC4 connectors
- 30A 12V/24V high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller with an LCD display
- Set of 4 corner plastic mounting brackets for bonding to the roof
- Set of 4 side mounting brackets for bonding to the roof
- Waterproof double entry cable gland
- 5m of 4.0mm extension cable with waterproof MC4 connectors for the solar panel
- 3m of 10.0mm dual core battery cable with 40A fuse and ring terminals
360W monocrystalline solar panel:
The high efficiency, waterproof 360W monocrystalline solar panel included in this kit has been manufactured to the highest standards. Each individual solar panel is thoroughly tested and labelled with a unique serial number for further quality control and increased warranty protection. It is ideal for all off-grid installations on caravans, campervans, motorhomes and boats for charging leisure battery banks or for standalone off-grid household solar systems with batteries.
30A MPPT solar charge controller:
This solar charge controller uses the most advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to track the maximum power voltage point of solar panels as it varies depending on sunlight exposure and temperature. This technology ensures the maximum efficiency of your solar system and significantly outperforms standard PWM solar controllers.
The controller features a comprehensive set of electronic protection functions such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and protection against deep discharge, over voltage, over load, short circuit and reverse polarity. The LCD display shows various charging parameters such as voltage, current and power for the solar panel and the battery.
Multiple connectivity options:
This solar charge controller also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter with LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free APP (available for Android and iOS users).
3) An RJ45 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access not only to the standard charging parameters already shown via the built-in LCD screen, but also additional information such as min/max voltages, temperature, protection cut off voltages, diagnostics and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), and more.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor and intelligent heat-dissipating design of this controller, there is also a socket for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely and optimise the charging process.
The controller can automatically recognise 12V/24V battery systems. Note: in order to start the solar charge controller in the correct voltage mode, a working battery should always be connected to the controller first before connecting the solar panel.
Additional items: This kit also includes 5m positive and negative extension leads for connecting the solar panel to the solar charge controller, a 5m 6.0mm dual core battery cable for use between the solar charge controller and your battery, a set of 4 corner and 4 side mounting brackets for fixing the solar panel to the roof using an appropriate sealant (not included) and a waterproof double cable entry gland for keeping the cable connection fully waterproof when mounting the panel outside and feeding the solar cables inside the vehicle / building / below deck.
Benefits of 2V battery connection:
This battery bank features 2V batteries, offering important advantages over battery banks made up of 12V batteries. These include:
Significantly improved longevity: These 2V batteries are connected in series, as opposed to 12V battery banks which require a complex combination of series and parallel connections. By connecting exclusively in series, each 2V battery is charged and discharged at an even rate. Thanks to these stable and balanced charging cycles, this battery bank has a considerably longer service life than any bank consisting of 12V batteries.
Deeper discharge capability: The thicker metal plates inside these 2V batteries allow more energy to be drawn from the bank than if it were comprised of 12V batteries.
The long service life and improved depth of discharge of this battery bank make it ideal for applications requiring constant, reliable and powerful energy supply. Such applications include, but are not limited to:
- Large power systems for motorhomes, caravans and boats
- Solar, wind and hybrid energy systems
- Household off-grid power systems
- Emergency or back-up UPS systems
- Energy storage for telecommunications or networking equipment
- Power stations
Benefits of AGM batteries:
This battery bank features 6 x AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries. In AGM batteries, all electrolyte is absorbed into a special sponge made of glass fibre. Important benefits of AGM batteries include:
- Maintenance free: No need for liquid or electrolyte top up.
- Extremely safe: Non-spillable and completely sealed, with protective covering of the terminals.
- Long service life: Longer-lasting than standard wet-cell batteries due to less degradation and corrosion inside the battery.
- Low self-discharge rate: AGM batteries are less prone to sulphation and hold charge for longer than flooded batteries.
- Highly resilient: Good resistance to shock and vibration.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 360W
- Maximum power voltage: 38.90V
- Maximum power current: 9.25A
- Open circuit voltage: 47.9V
- Short circuit current: 9.75A
- Power tolerance: 0/+3%
- Dimensions: 195 x 99 x 4 cm
- Weight: 23 kg
- Mounting holes for installation
- 2 x 0.9m of high quality single core solar cable 4.0mm² cross section
- Male and female MC4 connectors
Charge controller specifications:
- The most advanced MPPT technology to ensure high efficiency of your solar system
- Fully automated operation and auto 12V/24V charging voltage selection
- 3 pairs of terminals (solar panel, battery, load) for wires up to 16mm2
- Maximum solar panel voltage 100V
- Maximum solar panel power 390 (12V) / 780W (24V)
- Comprehensive electronic protection
- Self-consumption: less than 12mA
- Working temperature: -25C to +50C
- Size: 22.8 x 16.4 x 5.5 cm
- Weight: 1.26 kg
- Multiple mounting holes for ease of installation
Mounting accessory specifications:
- Material: plastic
- Colour: white
- Cable diameter for the cable gland: 3-7mm
- Size: each corner bracket 15 x15 x 6.5 cm, each side bracket 18 x 9 x 6.5 cm, cable gland 11 x 9 x 4 cm
- Combined weight: 2.7kg